Some Key Factors / criteria for the Islamic based terrorist attack planned for San Francisco which was thwarted, are listed below. These are factors which we must be on alert for. Think about them when you are in public areas.
- The Suspect was posting and liking pro-ISIS and pro – terrorism content on Facebook. (notice the hand gesture popular with ISIS jihadis).
- he picked Christmas as the perfect day” for a terror attack in San Francisco.
- he “did not need an escape plan because he was ready to die.”
- he picked the location because “…it was a heavily crowded area.” (Pier 39).
- plan appeared to include using a combination of vehicle, firearms, and explosives to inflict casualties.
- it would be easy to “funnel” people into an area where he could inflict casualties.
- he was inspired by the Islamic based New York terror attack on Oct. 31, when a man drove into a crowd and killed eight people, and the deadly Islamic 2015 shooting in San Bernardino.
- he had prior military experience with a “sharpshooter” rifle qualification and expertise with rifle marksmanship.
See article at HERE.: Also is source of image of suspect.